The Faculty of biomedicine offers, together with its partners, PhD programs in the following fields:
- PhD in Immunology and Cell Biology
- PhD in Cancer Biology and Oncology
- PhD in Neurosciences / Human Neurosciences
- PhD in Cardiovascular/ Human Cardiovascular Sciences
A PhD at one of the affiliated or associated institutes of the biomedical faculty of the Università della Svizzera Italiana means full immersion in a challenging and intellectual community of international students.The PhD program provides solid scientific education which includes general and specific skills seminars and lectures, classes and retreats, which are carried out by the CTU-EOC (Clinical Trial Unit EOC) and our partner institutes:
IRB (Institute for Research in biomedicine)
IOR (Institute of Oncology Research)
CTT (Cardiocentro Ticino)
NSI (Neurocentro Ticino EOC)
The experimental work is organized and funded at the institute itself. Open positions will be posted on the websites of our partner institutes.
PhD positions are not directly funded by the university.
Please contact directly the research group of the partner institutes you are interested in doing a PhD, if there is an open position posted.
Once you do have a PhD-project agreed with one of the partner institutes, the following documents need to be sent to phd [dot] biomed [at] usi [dot] ch:
- Swiss matriculation number
- Master degree diploma
- Copy of passport and if applicable copy of working-permit
- Brief Project description
- Confirmation of agreement / contract with affiliated, associated or partner institute
- Motivation letter
- Reference letter from Thesis Director
Here you find the PhD regulation and PhD directives:
phd [dot] biomed [at] usi [dot] ch