Conducting research at the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences
The current page is divided in two sections:
- information for academic staff who is already active at the Faculty;
- information for researchers outside of the University.
Academic staff already active at the Faculty
USI supports the research activity of its academic staff through the Research and Transfer Service.
The Service offers information, counselling and assistance on:
- reserach funding opportunities in Switzerland and internationally;
- research project application;
- projects administrative management.
Each researcher has access to a personal web page where all projects carried out at USI are listed, including a biography and a list of publications.
The Media and Communication Service is available to promote with the media and the community research projects and initiatives related to research activities (e.g. meeting and conferences).
The opportunities to carry out long-term or short-term research at the Faculty of Informatics are:
- active researchers: win a call for applications for a researcher and/or teaching position; all current calls of the Faculty and related institutes supported by the Faculty are available at the general USI information page on the subject.
- prospective researchers: gain admission to a PhD programme.