Master of Medicine News February 2020
Staff - Faculty of Biomedical Sciences
4 February 2020
Dear future USI students
Please find below some news about the Faculty that might interest you.
*WANTED* Peer Tutors for POCUS Emergency Ultrasound!
We are planning to offer you an optional point of Care Ultrasound course in Emergency which is focused on Ultrasound diagnosis of frequent and clinically important pathologies in the emergency situations. The course will take place in our skills Lab at the new USI Campus. The Course will be directed by SGUM certified, experienced Ultra-sonographers (clinicians and radiologists). Considering the positive experience from other Swiss Universities we intend to organize the Course with “peer tutoring”, which means that practical sonography skills will be taught by specifically trained students, covering the role of peer teachers. We will offer a structured trining course to become peer tutors before starting the optional course in September 2020. Therefore, we encourage future USI students with interest and experience in basic abdominal Ultrasound to send an e-mail to [email protected] with a short CV including prior experience in US and your motivation for the job.
See you in Lugano!
We are happy to inform you that the Study regulations have been approved and are now available online on our homepage: Study regulations.
Included in the Study regulations, amongst others, you can find information about the following elements of the Master:
- Enrollment (art.5-6 and the Regulations for limitation of admission to medical studies at USI)
- Structure and organs (art. 8-9)
- ECTS (art. 10, and notes 1-2)
- Examinations (art. 11 – 19)
- Optional courses (art. 20)
- Portfolio cases (art. 25)
- Master thesis (art. 26 and the Directives for the Master Thesis)
- Elective term (art. 27 e le Directives for the Elective term)
Please find all the Faculty’s regulations, directives and forms on our homepage:
New Campus of USI Lugano
Curious to see the new Campus? Here is the link to a video, which was on RSI News in November 2019, showing the new Campus of USI Lugano as well as some interviews with the Dean and some Professors of the Faculty of biomedical sciences.
Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions: [email protected]
Specific questions about:
- Enrollment process: Solange Cingari, [email protected], student affairs
- Master Thesis, optional courses, elective term: Lucie Bourban, [email protected], master curriculum
- Master of Medicine: Monica Link, [email protected], project manager
On behalf of the Faculty of Biomedical sciences of USI